A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Sprytile 💖 3D Pixels
Sprytile was built as a love letter to the aesthetics of pixel art graphics and early 3D games.
Sprytile gives artists tools in Blender that speed up crafting stylized textured low poly models that evoke the feel of that era in gaming.
Sprytile helps you go from 2D tiles to 3D models with ease
Tile Mapping for Blender
Tile map workflows makes building 2D maps for games fun and intuitive. Sprytile brings tile mapping tools to Blender to give you a powerful and intuitive way to create in 3D.
Sprytile combines the ease of creation with tile maps, with all the power and flexibility of your Blender workflow.
Pixel Perfect UV Painting
Sprytile's UV paint tools lets you UV map your model while working in the viewport. Model with Blender's flexible tools and then easily UV map faces to tiles with full control over stretching and maintaining texel density.
Sprytile is Open Source
Sprytile is an open source project and can be freely downloaded. Any support you give will help further the development of Sprytile and is much appreciated!
If Blender isn't your thing check out Crocotile, the inspiration for Sprytile!
See some of the things made with Sprytile in the Sketchfab collection.
Sprytile has a community forum! Share the cool things you're making with Sprytile or ask a question, we'd love to have you!
The Sprytile community and development adopts the contributor's covenant as the project code of conduct.
Rule 1, Be Kind!
- Use welcoming, inclusive language
- Be respectful of differences in viewpoints and experiences
- Troll / harass
- Use gendered / racial / etc slurs
Sprytile also has a Discord server! Come chat with the community!
November 4, 2017 - v0.4.31
- Fix for load tileset operation
October 26, 2017 - v0.4.3
- Feature: automatic sub pixel padding
- Enhancement to tile selection UI
- Fix non auto join build mode creating tiles behind other faces
- Fix automerge collapsing small tile grid faces
October 13, 2017 - v0.4.24
- Fix crash with empty multi tile building
- Fix bug with OS specific path separators in tileset loading
October 8, 2017 - v0.4.23
- Tileset loading greatly simplified
- Under the hood bug fixes
September 29, 2017 - v0.4.22
- Maintenance release for Blender 2.79 compatibility
Blender version 2.77 or higher.
Sprytile requires the minimum of Blender version 2.77
- Download the zip file.
- In Blender, open the User Preferences window by going to File > User Preferences.
- Switch to the Add-Ons section.
- Click the Install from File button at the bottom of the preferences window.
- Select the zip file and install.
- Enable the Sprytile add-on.
- Press the Save User Preferences if you'd like to use Sprytile in later Blender sessions.
Detailed installation and usage instructions available in the quick start tutorial.
If Sprytile is useful to you, consider giving it a rating!
- The Adventurous Undersea Friendos!30 days ago
- Bug fix for Load Tileset38 days ago
- Closing Time…39 days ago
- Automatic Padding, and Patreon Launch!47 days ago
- Bug fixes61 days ago
- Material Setup: Simplified65 days ago
- Blender 2.79 Bugfix Release75 days ago
- Discord Weekly Challenges78 days ago