A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Sprytile gives Blender tile editing tools! The ease of creation with tile maps, combined with the power and flexibility of your Blender workflow.
Sprytile helps turn 2D tile sets like this
Into 3D worlds like this
- Tile building: build your mesh directly with tiles, skip tedious UV mapping while quickly rotating and flipping tiles.
- UV painting: create your mesh with other Blender tools, then quickly UV map them to your tiles. Spend less time in the UV editor.
- Pixel grid tools: keep your mesh aligned to the grid with pixel translation, move vertices around with confidence.
Sprytile is an
open source project and can be freely downloaded. Any support you give will help further the development of Sprytile and is much appreciated!
If Blender isn't your thing check out Crocotile, the inspiration for Sprytile!
July 8, 2017 - v0.4.1
- Fix build preview rotation bug
- Fix fill tool bug
- Fix auto image reload bug
- Added tile margins, allowing TMX formatted tile sets to be used
June 12, 2017 - v0.4.0
- Under the hood code refactor
- Tile padding setting, to help with edge bleed in certain engines
- Grid size minimum is now 1
May 24, 2017 - v0.3.93
- Auto reload checks for file modification before reload, fixes race condition
- Preview for paint mode enabled
- Fixes for paint mode
April 21, 2017 - v0.3.9
- Image reload tags views for redraw
- Fix bug when saving while Sprytile is running
- Usability fixes for preview cursor
The Sprytile community and development adopts the contributor's covenant as the project code of conduct.
Rule 1, Be Kind!
- Use welcoming, inclusive language
- Be respectful of differences in viewpoints and experiences
- Troll / harass
- Use gendered / racial / etc slurs
Blender version 2.77 or higher.
Click download now to get access to the following files: