A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Sprytile 💖 3D Pixels
Sprytile was built as a love letter to the aesthetics of pixel art graphics and early 3D games.
Sprytile gives artists tools in Blender that speed up crafting stylized textured low poly models that evoke the feel of that era in gaming.
Sprytile helps you go from 2D tiles to 3D models with ease
Tile Mapping for Blender
Tile map workflows makes building 2D maps for games fun and intuitive. Sprytile brings tile mapping tools to Blender to give you a powerful and intuitive way to create in 3D.
Sprytile combines the ease of creation with tile maps, with all the power and flexibility of your Blender workflow.
Pixel Perfect UV Painting
Sprytile's UV paint tools lets you UV map your model while working in the viewport. Model with Blender's flexible tools and then easily UV map faces to tiles with full control over stretching and maintaining texel density.
Sprytile is Open Source
Sprytile is an open source project and can be freely downloaded. Any support you give will help further the development of Sprytile and is much appreciated!
If Blender isn't your thing check out Crocotile, the inspiration for Sprytile!
Check out art made with Sprytile in the Sketchfab collection.
If you're completely new to Blender, Mort has an excellent tutorial for beginners to Blender and Sprytile.
The Sprytile community and development adopts the contributor's covenant as the project code of conduct.
Rule 1, Be Kind!
- Use welcoming, inclusive language
- Be respectful of differences in viewpoints and experiences
- Troll / harass
- Use gendered / racial / etc slurs
Sprytile has a community forum! Share the cool things you're making with Sprytile or ask a question, we'd love to have you!
Sprytile also has a Discord server! Come chat with the community!
March 8, 2018 - v0.4.36
- Bugfix for Blender v2.77
February 24, 2018 - v0.4.35
- Feature: High Resolution Tileset Beta
- Enhancement: Added and cleaned up tooltips in UI
- Enhancement: Option to disable outline for build preview
February 17, 2018 - v0.4.33
- Sprytile Data Cleanup Utility
November 4, 2017 - v0.4.31
- Fix for load tileset operation
Blender version 2.77 or higher.
Sprytile requires the minimum of Blender version 2.77
- Download the zip file.
- In Blender, open the User Preferences window by going to File > User Preferences.
- Switch to the Add-Ons section.
- Click the Install from File button at the bottom of the preferences window.
- Select the zip file and install.
- Enable the Sprytile add-on.
- Press the Save User Preferences if you'd like to use Sprytile in later Blender sessions.
Detailed installation and usage instructions available in the quick start tutorial.
If Sprytile is useful to you, consider giving it a rating!
- Sprytile Tutorial, Bugfix Release16 days ago
- All Quiet On The Development Front, Until…27 days ago
- The Adventurous Undersea Friendos!Nov 12, 2017
- Bug fix for Load TilesetNov 04, 2017
- Closing Time…Nov 03, 2017
- Automatic Padding, and Patreon Launch!Oct 26, 2017
- Bug fixesOct 12, 2017
- Material Setup: SimplifiedOct 08, 2017