A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Sprytile 💖 3D Pixels
Sprytile was built as a love letter to the aesthetics of pixel art graphics and early 3D games.
Sprytile gives artists tools in Blender that speed up crafting stylized textured low poly models that evoke the feel of that era in gaming.
Sprytile helps you go from 2D tiles to 3D models with ease
Tile Mapping for Blender
Tile map workflows makes building 2D maps for games fun and intuitive. Sprytile brings tile mapping tools to Blender to give you a powerful and intuitive way to create in 3D.
Sprytile combines the ease of creation with tile maps, with all the power and flexibility of your Blender workflow.
Pixel Perfect UV Painting
Sprytile's UV paint tools lets you UV map your model while working in the viewport. Model with Blender's flexible tools and then easily UV map faces to tiles with full control over stretching and maintaining texel density.
Sprytile is Open Source
Sprytile is an open source project and can be freely downloaded. Any support you give will help further the development of Sprytile and is much appreciated!
If Blender isn't your thing check out Crocotile, the inspiration for Sprytile!
Check out art made with Sprytile in the Sketchfab collection.
If you're completely new to Blender, Mort has an excellent tutorial for beginners to Blender and Sprytile.
The Sprytile community and development adopts the contributor's covenant as the project code of conduct.
Rule 1, Be Kind!
- Use welcoming, inclusive language
- Be respectful of differences in viewpoints and experiences
- Troll / harass
- Use gendered / racial / etc slurs
Sprytile has a community forum! Share the cool things you're making with Sprytile or ask a question, we'd love to have you!
Sprytile also has a Discord server! Come chat with the community!
September 6, 2020 - v0.5.15
- Streamlined UI
- Tile palette can be moved around
(mouse over tile palette, hold shift and middle mouse click)
- Changed default tile rotate shortcuts to Q/E.
These can be set in Blender Preferences by searching for 'Sprytile'
- Added toggle for sprytile tools to work with backfaces
- For Blender 2.9, added UV correction toggle
- Enhanced painting mode hinting, now works with selected edges of face
- Enhanced addon preferences
- Automatic floor grid setup
- Automatic viewport setup
- Selection longer transforms in paint mode
- Auto reload works after re-opening file
- Restored cursor movement in fill mode (hold S to snap to vertices or grid)
August 9, 2020 - v0.5.10
- Minor bug fixes
- Floor to grid command fixed
- Added setup viewport command to edit mode panel
- Swap rotation shortcuts:
4rotates left now,
5to the right
- Fix for Blender 2.90
July 4, 2020 - v0.5.0
- Official release for Blender 2.8
August 26, 2018 - v0.4.5
- Feature: Implemented mesh decal layers
- More user friendly multi selection build mode, placement does not have to be exact
- Improved tileset loading workflow, added safeguards when loading textures
- Certain keyboard shortcuts are configurable
- Work plane normal can be set from cursor snap mode, press alt to set to face under mouse
Blender version 2.8 or higher.
If you need to use an earlier version of Blender, you may download version 0.4.5 from the github releases.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Sprytile 0.5.15 for Blender 2.9015 days ago
- v0.5.10 - Minor bugfix release43 days ago
- Official Blender 2.8 Release78 days ago
- Mesh Decal Layer ReleaseAug 28, 2018
- Upcoming Feature: Decal LayersAug 04, 2018
- Sprytile Tutorial, Bugfix ReleaseMar 07, 2018
- All Quiet On The Development Front, Until…Feb 24, 2018
- The Adventurous Undersea Friendos!Nov 12, 2017